All photography provided by Mark Liston Bender, James McClean, & Xavier Jubier
In 2010, Mark Bender and Elizabeth Buckley teamed with scientists Jay Pasachoff and Fred Espanek to create the "near live" Easter Island Eclipse television special for the National Geographic Channel.
Our mission is to share the exciting, educational, and entertaining opportunities that the 2017 Eclipse will offer.
What We've Achieved
- August 11, 1999 - Cornwall, Great Britain. Total eclipse.
- June 21, 2001 - Zambia, Africa. Total eclipse.
- March 26, 2006 - On the ocean cruise liner, the Costa Fortuna, in the Mediterranean. Total eclipse.
- July 11, 2010 - Easter Island Total Eclipse, and the TV Event Special for National Geographic.
- May 20, 2012 - Sunset Annular "Ring of Fire" Eclipse filmed in Sundown, Texas.
- May 10, 2013 - Australia, Sunrise Annular "Ring of Fire" eclipse.
- November 2013 - The Bermuda Triangle. Hybrid eclipse.
- March 2015 - Svalbard, near the North Pole. Total eclipse
- August 9th 2016 - Indonesia. Total Eclipse. Groundbreaking "proof of concept" overlapping camera array which successfully extended the observation of totality by several minutes. Camera One was located on Mare Island south of Tidore and Camera Two was located approx. 100 miles farther along the path of totality on Plun island east of Halmahera.